A window to Europe in the heart of Texas
The European Club offers events at least once a year, in Grapevine:
- European Cuisine events >> usually organized in July and December in the Dallas Fort Worth area.
- Art events (free painting workshops)
- Book Club events>> contemporary European literature
Our culinary events have been promoted under titles like: “Foods of Provence and Capri,” “Real Neapolitan cuisine,” “Greek-Romanian cuisine,” and “European Chocolate Fest,” and have been greatly enjoyed by our students.
The highlight of these gatherings is the occasion to taste freshly-baked organic foods, mostly recipes from Italy and France, and to share impressions about the countries students have visited or wish to visit, as well as about our travel experiences.
The Food Event of May 2017: European Mediterranean Recipes
- Home-baked bread & mozzarella > Bruschetta https://www.galbani.it/ricette/bruschetta_alla_napoletana.html
- + Tarama salad (Greek recipe, store brand)
- Vegetable salad (Romanian-Russian) https://www.thespruce.com/romanian-russian-salata-de-boeuf-recipe-1135505
- Salade Niçoise (French) http://www.marmiton.org/recettes/recette_vraie-salade-nicoise_17705.aspx
- Neapolitan lasagna(turkey) http://www.scattidigusto.it/2016/02/04/lasagna-ricetta-perfetta/
- Italian contorni
- Peperonata http://ricette.giallozafferano.it/Peperonata.html
- Melanzane http://www.lospicchiodaglio.it/ricetta/melanzane-grigliate
- Funghi http://www.lacuochinasopraffina.com/cosa-cucino/funghi-trifolati-in-padella-ricetta-originale-e-semplice/3330
- 2 Moussakas: Greek (eggplant, beef) and Romanian (potatos, bison)
- Tomato sauce instead of béchamel http://romanianrecipes.wikia.com/wiki/Potato_and_Meat_Moussaka, http://www.lacuochinasopraffina.com/cosa-cucino/moussaka-la-ricetta-greca-per-eccellenza/13138
- French dessert: Profiteroles http://www.cecilecooks.com/article-choux-a-la-creme-profiteroles-sauce-au-chocolat-sauce-caramel-au-beurre-demi-sale-111968637.html
- Italian dessert: Tiramisu (without raw eggs, with strawberry preserves) http://ricette.giallozafferano.it/Tiramisu.html
Many of our students are very talented and have practised painting and other arts or are simply fond of culture and creativity.
The European Club events may include painting and drawing classes, exhibitions, creative writing seminars, and French/Italian cuisine workshops.
pean Club events may include painting and drawing classes, exhibitions, creative writing seminars, and French/Italian cuisine workshops.
EUROPEAN PAINTING CLASSES
Painting lessons for children and adults
Classes can include: Art Theory, intro to techniques, naive painting, classical portraits, landscapes, abstract painting, and surrealist topics theory & symbolism.
“I am very pleased to write in behalf of Ms. Gabrielle Anderson. It was a great privilege to be of some help to Ms. Anderson’s gifted and hardworking traits as a multitalented artist with potentials to do great things. She was helpful and a great addition to the class. I wholeheartedly recommend her for consideration on her creative position.”
Sam Adoquei, Painter and Professor, National Academy Museum and School of Fine Arts, New York City