Gabriela N. Anderson (Gabrielle)
Excellent international services since 1992
Find 138 ratings and reviews on https://www.wyzant.com/Tutors/TX/Southlake/8095048/
- Master of Arts degree in European and Eurasian Studies, area concentration in International Business, The George Washington University; Italian and French entry/exit exams, The George Washington University, 2002-2004, The Elliott School of International Affairs; coursework at Georgetown University, Washington D.C.
- Bachelor of Arts degree in Philology (English major, Romanian minor), University of Bucharest, The School of Philology, Romania; coursework in child psychology
- Online coursework, Université Paris-Sorbonne (2016-2018)
- Language and culture studies: The Italian Center (Naples, Italy), France Langue (Nice, France) and The Open University (Milton Keynes, UK)
Gabriela has passed the required certification exams and is experienced in all the subjects listed on this site and on Wyzant Tutors.com (40 U.S. educational subjects). Primarily she has studied English, French, Italian, and Romanian languages and cultures since childhood; after becoming a U.S. citizen, she pursued graduate studies in European and Eurasian Studies at George Washington University (one of the four D.C. universities listed in the QS World University Ranking, 2018).
Her career started in 1988 when she became a full-time translator and English instructor to researchers at the Research Institute for Bovine Breeding in Balotesti, a Bucharest (Romania) district; at the same time, she started to teach children. Multitasking via teaching, interpreting, and research & editing jobs — and helping students across generational lines — has defined her career ever since.
Gabriela’s background is international: she was born in a Greek family and grew up in Dobruja, a multicultural Black Sea region of Romania. From the age of 3, she studied French, and then her studies focused on languages (English, French, Romanian, Italian) and art. In the 1990s, she relocated with her family to Naples, Italy, where she studied Italian language and art. Overseas, she worked/resided temporarily in Italy, Oslo, and Quebec for linguistic and cultural studies, and worked extensively with French companies in Romania. She acquired U.S. citizenship in 1997 and has resided in Maryland, New York, and Texas for the past 20 years; she moved to Texas in 2009. In Washington D.C. and Virginia she instructed and tested U.S. diplomats through Inlingua School. Throughout a career in which her goal has been to constantly perfect and employ her knowledge of the 4 languages she grew up with (French, Italian, English, and Romanian), Gabriela has also worked successfully as a translator and editor: she translated novels for Colosseum Publishing House (Romania), poetry for The American Literary Translators Association at Texas University (U.S.A.), a French book for LiterArt XXI (U.S.A.), and numerous business books for Open University Business School (U.K.) where she also provided televised interpreting. Her personal articles and poems were published in The International Notebook of Poetry and Origins-LiterArt XXI. In Texas she has provided English editing to the Conservative Party of Texas, USA and worked with Dallas test prep schools.
Book translations and publications: English and French fiction for Colosseum Publishing House (novels by Anita Brookner, Barbara Cartland, Philip Roth, Janet Dailey, etc); business books for Open University Business School (UK).
- Clients for teaching/tutoring jobs: Verona Marble (TX), Toyota, Inlingua School, The Department of State, Green Briar, First Cash, Hoisington Enterprises, Motivation Charity (Romania), Stefanel (Italy), Wyzant, Global LT, Mercedes Benz, Micron, Kimberly Clark, Tetra Pak, Pratt & Whitney, ST Microelectronics, Elite Test Prep, and many private clients
- Clients for conference interpreting (simultaneous and consecutive jobs) and translation: Ernst & Young, UNICEF, Open University Business School (UK), Eureka International Conference, U.S. State Department, The Pentagon, U.S. Department of Commerce, DiaMondo Conference Interpreters, The Congressional Research Service, Georgetown Hospital, legal offices and courts in Washington, D.C. and Maryland, and numerous private clients
Current and past affiliations:
Interagency Language Roundtable, American Philological Association, Istituto Italiano di Cultura, Alliance Française of Washington D.C., American Literary Translators Association – University of Texas, Open University Business School, Motivation Charity, The Philological Society
Our translation team consists of independent contractors who will work directly with each client.
Julia Zieger: Italian, English
Solfrid Ellingsen: Norwegian, English
Marcelo Perez: Spanish (EU), English
Sharlene Bruno — a certified teacher from Puerto Rico — is my former English student
who has contributed her Hispanic expertise when needed.